Thursday, January 6, 2011

Serpentine Gallery Experience

After getting lost at the Knightsbridge tube station and calling a cab to take us there, the 'getting lost in the rain' seemed well worth it. At first, I was really confused and looking for someone to help me figure out what I should be looking at or what I should be doing or even feeling. Finally, we all got the hang of it and I didn't know how to respond. I sat there and just let myself feel and take it all in. Once I was watching the "InvisibleBoy" I suddenly felt happiness within this lonely video. I loved it all. The sound, imagery, and cinematography. The snow was a great addition to it because I loved how it made the inside and outside work together. I wanted to see someone outside playing in it or examining it. That was my favorite room. I also really enjoyed "June 8, 1968" for the beautiful imagery and the train sound vibrated the wall I was leaning against. It felt like they were watching me and after I found out it was a funeral train, it made it even more beautifully creepy. I also really enjoyed the Tom Hunter film "A Palace For Us." I thought this was a great story line. I got confused at one point within the film because it went back and forth a lot but the idea and basis was exciting to me. I really enjoyed the gallery itself. I think the building and the grounds were beautiful. I had Kensingtons Gardens on my list of places to see on my free day so I'm glad we walked through a small part of it today. I did also like the Anish Kapoor piece but I wish we could have seen more because he is one of my favorite sculptural artists. Either way, I really enjoyed this experience and I'm glad we did it all as a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment