Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tower of London Experience

I was really excited for this mainly because of the architecture and to bring back my experience to share with my father who was more excited I was going then I was. I didn't know the whole history behind this place, and not that I do now, but I know a lot more. I heard before I came here that the Crown Jewels was not impressive and I have to say I agree. I thought the Star of South Africa diamond was the most impressive piece there just because it's the largest diamond in the world. I felt this place was a little too 'tourist attraction' and I wish they kept it more historical looking. I really enjoyed all the little outcoves and small staircases and old wooden doors. I wanted more of that. More then just sound effects, lighting and 'press this button to hear all about torture' I'm really glad I did see this though and overall had a great time there. It was also a nice break from the art we have all been seeing and a really great look at history and architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment