Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tate Modern Experience

When we first got into the Tate Modern, I was in love with the space! I really enjoy old spaces, especially factory style spaces, that are converted into something new. I saw a postcard in the store of the old turbines before the conversion into museum. I'm also into these spaces for their architecture and because I love photographing them. I really enjoyed Ai WeiWei's piece "Sunflower Seeds." Regardless of any context, it's visually stunning and so vast that I was drawn right into it. His video made it clear about how the process was done and why and I really like that 'behind the artist/behind the piece' commentary. I also really enjoyed the rest of the musuem, mainly the contemporary work like Serra, Smithson, & Kapoor.

Ai WeiWei question: http://aiweiwei.tate.org.uk/content/738563299001
Also, I will write about the Gauguin exhibit in a separate post.

I will post pictures later from the visit! I took so many!

No comments:

Post a Comment