Monday, January 10, 2011

V & A - Camera-less Photography Experience

When I first walked into this museum, I was really impressed with the architecture and it's size. I didn't realize how large it was. All the rooms were really impressive, especially the jewelry and the glass room. I also really enjoyed the tour by Glenn Adamson. I thought he was very knowledgable and intelligent. I loved when he started talking about gender and how what defines this is how you stand, talk and mess with your hair. The

Camera-less Photography was by far the best thing I have seen so far here in London. It was really inspiring and it gave me a lot of ideas for my own thesis and work for this project. I enjoyed the video on each of the artists as well and it gave me great insight into them as artists and into their work.

I also didn't ask my question to Glenn Adamson because it was a personal question and not about V&A or it's collection. I looked him up online and found he taught and studied in America and I was curious why he decided upon coming to Europe, more particularly London and the V&A. As I am an Art history minor I am curious in where people, like curators, choose to work. They are surrounded by this work everyday all day and I think it's something you have to be really careful about. If this isn't a careful decision, I fear that one may become tired of the work they see or it may lose it's importance. (This is a whole conversation I can go on forever about)

No comments:

Post a Comment